View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 01:45 AM   #829
Hellisan
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I think this is one of the worst games I've ever played. I do like the batter/pitcher interface - it's fine. But there are a number of things that bother me, and they range from mildly annoying to catastrophic problems. I won't even go through them all because I'm sure they've been listed in this 83-page thread.. lol

some of the problems make me think these guys don't even know baseball to some extent... Like runners remaining in fair territory while running down the line on a single. To lineouts being called "fly outs." How come fielders completely ignore runners on the base paths when they could tag and get a sure out. At least two times already in my short "my player" career I've had a guy on 2nd and the 3rd baseman makes a tough stop, and then ignores the runner in order to throw late to first base and get NOBODY.

On a double play, the lead runner never makes any attempt to get out of the way of the ball, unless he's taking out the pivot man.

I've never ONE TIME had any of my fielders assist on a bunt play, besides the catcher. Even if it's smoked down the line. Similarly, when the ball is hit to my first baseman in the hole my pitcher won't get off his *** and run over there. It takes like 10 minutes for the pitcher to reach a decent running speed.

It's heartbreakingly close due to the interface, broadcast audio, etc., but leaves a lot to be desired. I'm incredibly embarrassed i actually bought this game, becuase I knew I was gonna be disappointed.