View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 09:55 AM   #835
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I don't often "max" out the meter but I'm usually close and that's good enough. After learning how to pitch I have found gesture pitching too easy to hit your spots. I'm only talking about MLB pitchers though as I don't do the MyPlayer stuff. I'd love it if they made ratings matter more in the patch for accuracy. The stretch does make the meter move faster and fatigue does a lot too. It kind of throws you off when you put in a reliever late in the game and the meter seems like it's moving at a snail's pace.

As for your other AI issues, yes I've seen pretty much all that stuff. The AI in terms of pitcher substitutions is simply bad, maybe broken. I've seen the cpu not tag runners right by them and worse yet simply throw to first on obvious double plays. I'm not sure why they do that since they seem to make the right decision most of the time. Then I see the cpu throw home with the bases loaded and two out on a routine grounder. I don't get it. And the catcher not trying to tag the runner on close plays is bad. Thank goodness I don't see it often.

There are a lot of things to patch. I just hope they can fix some of the things but I expect most of the stuff to be tackled for MLB 2K11. It's a long list. Slider tweaks do help a lot but they can't fix core issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove