View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
Agathos
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: rtts pitcher question

Concerning the premise of your question: do you always complete the assigned goals first? Since you can theoretically complete a majority of them once every three periods to avoid demotions, I will usually wait and see how things are going before I decide if I'll stretch my points to complete them in that period. That's especially true if the goals are stupid, as they often are, such as bunting when I'm in an AL organization.

Of course if I feel I'm overdue for advancement I'll try to make them every ****, but I've never really felt cheated by my pace of advancement.

As for where I do put the points, in 09 I'd say I split them evenly between /9 stats and individual pitches. More into /9 is probably the optimal strategy as the above posters say, but seeing the individual pitches improve can be more fun.

In 10 now, I poured a ton of early points into individual pitch velocities because I wanted to see the effects of that velocity bug/rule change. Now I've got a guy in The **** with extraordinary velocity but low /9 ratings. Which is actually more realistic. Power throwers generally know who they are long before they make the big league club, whereas control develops more slowly.

Last edited by Agathos; 04-01-2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: this ***** Fool's thing is dumb
Advertisements - Register to remove