View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:51 AM   #383
bigal093
Banned

OVR: 21
Icon9 Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

these are 1000x better than the SCEA ones, but it does seem to me that maybe the potentials being screwed up this year did hurt the quality of the rosters. it seems like there are so many D and F potential guys on teams, and IMO D and F potential players don't exist in real life. nobody drafts or signs a guy that they project to be a D or F level player. no matter how good they are ratings wise, if you are a D or F, you can never be better than that, D or F. i know the potentials can change, but how much will that really happen? and even if they do, what are we looking at, a guy thats C pot, MAYBE, which still will only maybe barely make the majors. if a guy were a C to begin with, which would be the case with most low end prospects(IRL), then you have a guy who is projected to maybe make the majors, be avg. at best, but could breakout have his potential increase to B or Maybe even A, but on the flip side could go down to D and never make it. I think that that describes the worst prospects IRL minor league systems. otherwise, again, they wouldn't be in the system if they were basically doomed to fail like D and F pot. guys are in the show.

last year, these D and F guys were RARE in the full minors roster. i mean there'd be a couple on each team, but not a ton...and there were really no F potential guys on a team's roster. this year it seems like everybody's potential is basically one notch below what it should be. again, not trying to diss anyone, love the rosters with what they gave you this year(pot. glitch) and great job, but just my two cents