View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
nld230
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Canes21 MLB 2k10 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Hello all. I am not really know for my sliders as I have only done a set before in one other game. That was Madden 10. A game completely different that this. But, I feel my sliders for this game are pretty good. They meet my requirements and play style. They give me a realistic, fun game that you can win or lose by making one mistake.

These are just an early version. I haven't tweaked them much at all. So, the stats may seem a bit off right now. I am currently happy with them. One of my goals was to get the CPU to throw more balls as I felt they didn't throw enough on regular All Star settings. So that was one of the first things I worked on. I am still tweaking the AI Strike Zone Tendency slider, but I am getting it pretty close to how I want it.

Another thing I wanted to achieve was to get the CPU to hit more consistently and with power. So far, through the 2 games I have played, they have only hit one Home Run and they have 22 hits over the 2 games as well.

One of my problems I am trying to correct is walks. The CPU did walk me 6 times last game, but I have yet to walk them. I am not entirely sure how to fix this. I may have to use some house rules to do so. If someone has a suggestion for increasing user walks, then that would be welcome.

In short, these sliders are just in an Alpha state I guess I could say. Some stats are going to be a little skewed at first until I get enough games under my belt to get a feel for what exactly needs to be tweaked to achieve realistic results.

These sliders are played with joystick hitting and with joystick pitching. I use break point pitching as well. I'm not too sure if using classic controls over joy stick will result in the sliders playing out entirely different for you, but in case they do, thats how I play.

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...26&d=342199936

There is my blogs with the two games I have played so far with my sliders. I hope you all try them out and give me feedback on how to improve.

Thank you...

Batting Hum/CPU
4/55
50/80
40/50
45/55

Pitching Hum/CPU
100/65
80/30
95/45

Fielding Hum/CPU
95/50

Running Hum/CPU
50/75
25/60
10/60
/70
/65
/55

Note: The sliders are in order just like they are shown in game. Ex- Fielding Hum/CPU
95/50

95 Is Human Throw Meter Influence and 50 is Fielder Speed for both Human and CPU.
Assuming you mean user contact at 40 and not "4"...

I will give these a try out... but a question from my own slider experience.

1. With fielder speed at 50, are you seeing any doubles? I have my fielder speed at 30 for the first time (used to be 35) and the doubles have just started.

Also, a comment or two. Fielders throwing at 95 falls victim to the overpowering arms. Also, it would be easier to evaulate these if you put their labels in this post. Example, contact, power, pitch speed.