View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #48
MJenness
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: where are the franchise updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Hmm the reason they can't bring in more people to help Josh Looman out is because they have been cutting back on staff already. EA has been lossing money for the past 3 years now. There is no way they can afford more staff member right now. If they could they would. I'm sure Josh and his small crew is doing fine on franchsie mode both offline and online. No need to worry so much my friend.
I wish I could find the glasses you're wearing when viewing Madden.
Yes, EA has been losing money....why? Because they got fat and lazy, and stopped innovating for quite a while....their "stellar" games fell off the map, Madden included.
But, to suggest that they can't afford to hire more people is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read!
To make money you gotta' spend money....how about taking some of their MASSIVE marketing budget and putting it into R&D?? How about getting Madden back to the popularity it once had by making the game great again? They'd make more money than they'd spend if the game sold as it used to.
I hear people here all the time asking "how can you guys bash EA for this and that"....well, some of the remarks on the other end (such as the one I quoted) are just as crazy and pathetic as the flaming posts.
And I am SO tired of hearing the SAME rhetoric as we've listened to these last few years..."this is an alpha build, relax"..."there's still X number of months for them to fix this or that"..."this is only so and so's 2nd year in charge, just give them time"....."just cause they aren't hyping it doesn't mean they aren't doing it"....
OMG, when will people stop wearing the rose colored glasses and wake up to realize we will get what we've gotten in the past....incremental improvements (or at least changes) year to year at best.
Ian is not the 2nd coming of Christ, nor is Josh....they are employees of a huge money making machine, who's only purpose is to make the company more money in whatever way they can. Period.