View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #23
CreatineKasey
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 11 Videos: Ian Cummings Talks Game Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I think both parties are correct. Coaches do script plays but only the 1st "X" amount of plays. After that they call the plays based on what the other time is showing. I would like to see something NCAA had with their Set-up plays (but better). So your play calling affects the game and its not just random play calling. NCAA was on to something although it wasnt implemented correctly.
I think what I'll end up doing is at least calling gameflow for a couple of series until I get a real idea of what my opponent is calling. If they continue to mix it up, I'll continue to just use gameflow. If they get repetitive, I'll hand pick a play to beat their D.

Things change in context to the score, also. Once I'm up 2 scores in the 4th I'll probably be hand picking plays to run the game out.

Still, I like the idea of starting out with a base gameplan and just focusing on execution and reading the defense. Having my ideal gameplan already put together allows me to focus my mind on other tasks at hand. Usually I do have a few plays picked ahead of time to set up the defense. That takes a lot of attention away from other things, such as the actual current play being run.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A