View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
zipperz
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Changing Player Positions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
That's a great idea. I think I will follow your lead, next year though as I do not plan on drafting any pitchers this year. How do you handle what positions your pitchers will play, i.e. which do you put as your starters, long relievers, middle relievers, setup me, and closers? So if you draft a pitcher, where will you put him at first? And then how do you decide where he goes from there?
After the first year, you will have at least 5 guys who were effective at starting games (mostly due to acceptable stamina ratings), those guys become SP. Everyone else becomes a RP and I just move them up or down to SU or CP based on performance. My default is to put the highest rated guys at CP and SU to start. If i notice over a couple months some guys are getting shelled and someone in the MRP spot is pitching great, I'll swap accordingly. I only carry 3 CP on my roster, and those are the highest potential, highest rating RP. For example, if I promote my AA CP to AAA, he starts over as a RP. (An additional benefit is if you are renogotiating, RP make less than CP ) If a guy gets moved out of CP for an extended period of time, guess what he is a RP again.