Old 05-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #20
Valdarez
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Some Reviews for Tecmo Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
just curious, do you have any specific reviews you have beef with from IGN? Im interested.
I don't follow any reviewers there, though I do check in from time to time. I usually sound off on them when I don't agree with them.

I tend to read/trust McShea's (GameSpot) and Gertzman's (GiantBomb) are the two I trust pretty much each and every review. These guys know games. By following the reviewer, I may find a good game that I might never have been interested in otherwise.

Varanini looks promising (GameSpot), and I distrust VanOrds (GameSpot, if his anticipation is high, he rates too high consistently).

I wish the game sites had the ability just to follow the reviews of certain reviewers, as I'm more interested in their views of games more often than the game's themselves.

The problem I have found at IGN is that they clearly don't play the games through even once. Their articles repeatedly have factual inaccuracies. And the reviewers don't seem to be knowledgeable of the developers, the game's goals, or the history of the games they are reviewing.