View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #72
ODogg
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Realistically, do you see the NFL ending the exclusivity deal?

I hope the exclusivity deal ends. Not because I want to buy other companies NFL games, I'd probably still buy Madden, but just because I think the competition makes EA 10x better than having none. A lot of folks think that EA might not renew due to the expense involved and it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense. Well guess what, they will if they can IMO because EA is a huge corporation and huge corporations tend to throw money at things to make if they make sense or not. What will happen is that the EA executives will be looking more at the possibility of a competitor giving Madden a difficult time (and let's be honest here, even though it's unlikely one doesn't have go back too far to see some games which did challenge Madden - Gameday comes to mind)...more than they will look at the expense involved.

In other words, EA will not blink at the price because they will be thinking more about the possibility of the price to be paid if they don't wrap up the exclusive deal and then some competitor comes along and challenges the cash cow. No my friends I don't think we'll see the end of this deal anytime soon so don't get your hopes up.