View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #17
DoubleIt5
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Did EA scout the defenses tendencies for what they like to do in down situations?

Quote:
From the blogs and videos its only been said that defensive gameflow is based on offensive personell. No mention has been made of down & distances effect on defensive gameflow.
I think this could be a big problem though if down & distance has no effect on defense, since a lot of teams do like to run out of 3 and 4 WR sets. On 1st and 10 I may want to run a Nickel or even 4-3/3-4 Zone against those looks to respect the run threat while on 3rd and long I'd be much more willing to put more DBs on the field and play some man.
This isn't true. There is a video interview, on OS, with Ian talking about Gameflow and Gameplan. He talks about how you could set it up so your coordinator picks from 15 plays per situation, 1st Down, 2nd and Short, etc. You then rank the plays with a 1-5 star system to determine preference.

My understanding is that they did a lot of research into what makes each team that team. Coaching tendencies were looked at quite closely. Now if this research translates into teams and coaches and players acting as they do IRL in Madden, who knows.

But as someone else said, this question is way too early. I haven't ran out the door to buy Madden in years, ever since '99 or 2000 it has been rent first.