View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
conanthelibrarian
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Tone down player Ratings please!!!

AMEN!!! to this. I think there could be more than 10 per year, but now we have 10 per team 5 years into a dynasty. I think the thing that is broken is player progression.

Some guys should come in as a 72 overall and graduate as a 75 overall, never having really got better. We all have them on our favorite teams, why not in the game?

And most incoming freshman need to start lower ranked, or have less of growth. I realize IRL some freshman come in and start right away, but that is normally due to a favorable depth chart or injury. And if we do recruit a 5 star RB that comes in as an 80 overall, then maybe he still graduates as an 88, having maxed out a lot of his potential in HS.

Because your right, there is no rel differentiating the great players from just all the good players in the game right now. IRL, all these guys are good FB players, but it is the special ones that really stand out. With every team having 10 or more guys ranked 90 or more, the 95-99 rated guys are not really that special.

It also leads to most of your players by year 5 are rated between 83-95 that are starters, so you don't really have any "weakspots", everyone is about the same.

I would love to hear some developer comments on this, as it could have a huge impact on the game.