View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #925
bsbll4
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Official MLB 2K10 Impressions (360/PS3)

I have to say, I'm really enjoying this game. I have ebbed and flowed in my frustration levels to the point where a few weeks ago I may have told you just the opposite. However, after spending some time in franchise mode (yes, I know there are elements that are completely flawed), I've really gotten into my team and season.

First, the pitching/hitting is really where this game shines. Again, I have moments of frustration where I feel like the CPU is just randomly not allowing me to hit despite perfect timing/excellent pitch to hit, but overall, when I get that shot in the gap to drive in the run from first, I have a great sense of accomplishment which is all you can ask for really. Now I had to tweak the sliders to fit my play style so I would get realistic results, but that investment of an hour or two has really paid dividends and has completely raised my enjoyment level of this game.

I still have gripes about the gameplay, like my swings being randomly sluggish, unreasonable amount of line drives caught by infielders, relievers tiring the same as starters, CPU pitchers having too much success at the plate, Human pitchers only being thrown strikes, being picked off because my guy runs in place, and the random bug that pops up now and then, but overall these things are minor in the grand scheme of things.

For all the things I can find wrong with the game, I have very satisfying moments when turning a big double play, shutting down a close game, hitting the big HR, getting two out rallies, being beaten by excellent CPU pitching, being robbed of a HR because I didn't get enough on it, breaking out of a slump with a wicked line drive, and working the count to extend ABs.

I think too often we get caught up in the frustrating details and not seeing the forest through the trees.
Advertisements - Register to remove