Old 05-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #70
Altimus
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Not 100% on this at all...So anybody feel free to correct me who KNOWS for SURE. But this is what I've gathered from people here on OS...

They have money now to sign two Max deals.
They have Eddy Curry's contract, which they can use as trade bait, as people would want his expiring and all the dough that comes with it.
They can sign someone for the MLE.
They can sign someone for the veterans minimum (T-Mac anyone...)

So they would be able to pick up Bron and Bosh. In addition to about 3 or 4 other pieces. To go along with solid players in Douglas, Gallo and Chandler.

I think that's what the thinking is...But, like I said, I'm not 100% on it. So...
Yes Curry is trade bait but that means you need to trade someone with him. No one is going to take that contract and pay for it just because. This means moving a solid piece like Galo. A team is going to want something for taking that contract. Not sure a draft pick would do as that is a lot of money. I highly doubt he gets moved as NY is just out of assets.

Bosh is leaning more right now on a sign and trade than a straight up signing. NY is drained of assets and cannot do this deal. He could still sign straight up with NY but just saying what I'm reading.

You're right about signing a MLE and a player like T-Mac for the veteran's minimum. However, that is a big drop for T-Mac money wise. 2nd, who do you sign for the MLE to back up Bosh? If there is one thing I'd put my money on this summer is that Bosh will not go to a team to play the 5.

The pieces could fall together but there is a lot scenarios that need to align for them to happen.