View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
Only1LT
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Break Tackle Mechanics for Madden

Reading the first post of the thread I was about to write a post asking you what you were talking about because you could most definitely break tackles in 2K5 and 2K8. But then i saw the second post and I was like, ok, he forgot lol.

Madden used to have the same mechanic of mashing a button to break tackles. I'm not sure when they got rid of it, but it used to be there. Gameday had it too. The branching tackles in Madden 10 was a good idea, but eh in practice.

Your idea sounds interesting. Something a little more complex than just mashing one button. It would also hopefully be a little challenging.

Breaking tackles in Madden and 2K isn't all that challenging. Although 2K tries to balance it a little by making both the runner and the tackler have to mash a button, and the one that hits it faster wins, it still is a little arcadey. At least the chances of breaking a second tackle are a lot less likely though. In both cases, Madden and 2K, it is pretty simple to break the first tackle at least half the time, and that's way too much.