I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
LeBron Has Had Say In Cleveland's Trades

I just feel bad for Cleveland fans.

If he thinks that sort of behavior is going to happen elsewhere then New York and Chicago are off the list because there's no way either of those front offices are giving up power and rightfully so. I want LeBron the player, keep LeBron the GM aka Zeke Jr the hell away from the Knicks.
Of course he's going to get asked for input. I would wager that any of the greatest players the league has seen, you would hear the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
The Cleveland Plain Dealer has reported for quite some time -- since LeBron's last contract was signed -- that the Cavaliers seek his input on trades. The Cavs have, I guess, done a pretty good job of covering up any vetoes he's had.
Vetoing trades? Couldn't have been much, since they had nothing to offer anyway. So even if that "report" is true about vetoes, I would wager it wasn't a Chris Bosh for Big Z type thing that James turned down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
We knew he had some influence, I knew he wanted Shaq, wanted Brown back and wanted Varejao resigned. I had no idea he was flat out vetoing trades.
Yeah LeBron seemed to have a loyalty to Brown, which makes sense. He grew up with Brown, he wasn't going to throw him under the bus.

They have had some regular season successes, Bron probably thought he could overcome and finally breakthrough in the playoffs.

As far as "wanting Shaq", don't try to pin that move squarely on James.

1. It was a great move anyway
2. Cleveland was going to get a true center anyway after getting pushed around by Dwight
3. Who else was Cleveland supposed to get for Ben Wallace?

Also, the Andy signing really isn't as bad as it seemed at the time. He's probably worth that contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Just another example of LeBron's planet sized ego.

Love the player, but literally everything else about him pisses me off when he isn't playing basketball.
Umm, I would wager that all of the best players in the league have the ego problem. It's something that comes with the territory. MJ, Kobe.. it's just how it goes in this day and age.