Old 05-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #55
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
So um, I quickly downloaded it before I had to leave, and the very first pitch I tried to check swing and my guy doubled down the left field line. I used Classic controls.

Is it in the game for PS3 on Classic?
I don't think the check swing can be used with Classic (either system). I actually had a check swing with Boesch and they appealed to the 3B umpire and he called it a strike. That was something I've never seen. I've never actually got a check swing to be called a ball so far, even on balls out of the zone. I'm not sure if I was too late on it or not although I've only done it few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
Also, I certainly don't want to call anyone a liar, so please don't take this like that. But.....

Are those who are hyping the pitching being more difficult POSITIVE that this is the case? I'm not saying you are lying, but maybe you just want to believe it. Because I heard the same thing when this game came out: the pitching is great! It's so hard to hit your spots. Maybe it's just rust from not playing a broken game for a month, lol.

Forgive my skepticism, I'm just curious and I won't have the patch for a while.
I've never stopped playing this game. I might not have played it as much as when I first got it but I'd still play at least a couple games a week and it's certainly harder to hit your spots. I'm certain of it. One issue I always seemed to have was that my fastball would only drift left on me with a right hander. Now I'm seeing it tail inside to RH batters. It's very noticeable imo.

I may be wrong on the double switch issue but I'm very happy with the pitch accuracy being tougher. I've hung a couple pitches in the middle of the plate and I would have NEVER done that pre-patch. It does seem as though the cpu hitters may swing at more stuff out of the zone. I've only played 2.5 games post patch but I think that was tweaked. My offense has sucked post patch too. I have a feeling that both offenses may have been toned down just a little. Too hard to tell from 2.5 games as I may just be in a rut (lost 5 of 6). I need to play more but tonight I have to watch "It's Complicated" with the wife.
Advertisements - Register to remove