Old 05-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #20
TNT713
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Route Based Passing in Madden 10?

"ALWAYS WITH YOU WHAT CANNOT BE DONE" - Yoda

Let's recap this discussion...

Quote:
Someone: Route Based Passing is NOT in Madden EVER...

Me: YES, you can pass based on receiver routes.

Someone: You don't even play AFP 2K, you don't even know what route based passing is.

Me: Route based passing is being able to throw before a receiver cuts and have the ball on target once he makes his break.

Someone: Yes, but you can't do it in Madden.

Me: Here's a video of me throwing before the receiver cuts, and delivering the pass to a spot on the route in Madden 10.

Someone: That's not Route based passing, that's Lead Passing. Although you're delivering the pass to the route, you are 'aiming' the pass with the stick to a point on the route and the receiver simply reacts to it.

Me: OK, then watch these clips showing passes thrown to where the receiver is running, passes Lead to the receiver where he only reacts, AND these other passes thrown before the cut that are thrown based on the route.

Someone: OK, I tried it and it works, but not like AFP 2K. You still can't do it in a game... You'd throw too many interceptions.

Me: Just wait for the 3rd Video.
Now that we're caught up...

Please, if you've been arguing that it's not possible to throw passes based on the route, don't assume you can't throw these in games when some of ya'll didn't even believe it could be done after SEEING it. Reserve judgment until you have more of an understanding of how to do it.

Alas In true TNT style, I'll let the video speak. Move to the 2:20 mark of my 2nd drive in this ONLINE GAME vs Dallas. I'm selecting WR Fade to convert a 3rd and 10 situation. Watch the slot to the post. He makes a full fledged cut AFTER the ball is thrown. You'll notice the ball is put in the proper spot for the route. You'll also notice it's a BULLET PASS.

You'll notice that the receiver begins his route about 2 yards from the numbers, but catches the ball WAIST HIGH near the hash marks. Had the receiver either a) continued his route the ball would have been far short and behind him b) failed to make a plant cut it c) the QB threw after the receiver's cut, THIS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ROUTE BASED.

Naysayers will make up some reason that it's NOT ROUTE BASED even though all the criterion for a route based pass is being met. I think we can all agree, it's most definitely NOT MOTION BASED or the ball would have been thrown up the field.

I'll be editing the 3rd video today with footage of the "One Finger Route Based Pass." I'll also be keeping an eye on all the objections posted in the thread to this point and addressing them all individually in the 3rd video (time constraints may require a 4th). So if you have questions or concerns, feel free to post them.

Lastly, to maintain full disclosure, I'll be posting the FULL UNEDITED PRACTICE SESSIONS. Then people will see the difficulty I had in demonstrating that the technique. Needless to say, you can route based pass even though the window to do so is TINY. It can help or hurt you in a real game (just like any other pass).

Later