View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #21
Valdarez
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Route Based Passing in Madden 10?

Nice conversation you invented there. I like how you've ignored everything I've posted, or anything that proves you wrong. Can't wait for the next, annoying video, so you can tell yourself it can be done again.

Should I put together videos showing all the times it doesn't work? The list of items I put together pretty much shows what you can, and cannot do in Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I went into practice mode to try to do what you are doing. Here's what I walked away with.

1. Route Based Passing Does Not Exist in Madden (sorry, it just doesn't)
2. It is possible to pass to a point along the route.
3. It is VERY difficult to pass to a point along the route.
4. It becomes easier to pass to a point along the route the slower the ball is thrown.
5. It's impossible to throw a bullet pass to a point along the route. Only normal and lob passes may be thrown.
6. The receiver NEVER runs their route when you throw to a point. NEVER. The receiver breaks off whatever they were doing and runs towards the ball. Which is the way every other throw/catch in Madden works.

I'll give you that you can pass along the route via a VERY small window and only via normal/slow passes, and not in any effective manner, and definitely not in any way that can be used in a game. Primarily due to all of the cheats the have enacted simply to counter the throw/catch anytime passing mechanic. You should note that the examples I provided in my video is how I play APF2K8, and how I beat coverages. In Madden I'd end up a slew of interceptions if I tried the same thing.
Answer these questions:

1. Does the WR continue to run his route after the pass is thrown?
(Your earlier videos clearly show they don't, they are adjusting to where the ball is thrown)

2. How difficult is it to throw a pass that somewhat follows the route?
(Difficult for a multitude of reasons, psychic DBs, improper ball arcs, limited touch control, other coverage cheats. Extreme difficulty throwing bullet pass.)

3. What does the defense do 'if' you throw it?
(DB's will undercut the route many times, making Ints. On shorter routes, the LBS will be there to make an INT)

You seem to be on a campaign to prove something that isn't in the game is there. It's no wonder the game's stagnated over the years. What's ironic, is that you seem to enjoy lead passing, but are ok with the throw/catch anytime passing mechanic, which is the the biggest passing crutch ever put in a football video game. Offense would be MUCH more difficult if the receivers had to run their route before they could catch the ball. And defense would be MUCH more easy for EA developers to implement without it as well. They wouldn't need all of the cheats to make up for the poor throw/catch anytime passing mechanic.

Last edited by Valdarez; 05-30-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove