View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #22
Valdarez
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Route Based Passing in Madden 10?

One other thing, I think you still fail to grasp what route based passing is, despite multiple videos to show that it's in Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Route based passing is being able to throw before a receiver cuts and have the ball on target once he makes his break.
Route based passing is when the quarterback throws the ball before the receiver makes their cut/move on the route. The receiver continues to run their route, and catches the ball after they come out of their cut/move. With route based passing, you cannot throw the ball to the receiver before they make their cut/move. If you do, they receiver will not know the ball is coming, as they are not expecting it until they make their cut/move.

In the video examples I provided, if I were to throw the ball before they made the cut, then the ball would have been thrown straight along the WR's route, but the receiver would not have looked for the ball, and it would have resulted in an incompletion. This would not happen in Madden. In Madden, the receiver would automatically react to where the ball is going (which is exactly what's happening when you are able to throw a ball along the route).