View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #47
BamaBruce
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: IS ACCELERATED CLOCK IN GAME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I'm the one who suggested the "hold the button" method to run off clock more quickly. I guess I should have mentioned that, in order for it to work properly, the CPU would be programmed to run the clock down too.

Without putting too much thought into it (since it won't be in the game anyway), I'd imagine that how the CPU handles the clock could tie into the type of offense they run. If they are an uptempo team, they'd run less clock off. If they like to run the ball and control the clock, they'd run the clock down more.

And, of coarse, the game situation would play a part too. If they are down by 10 with 3:00 to go, they would run as little time off as they could, just like a human player would be prone to do.

I just think this method would provide some flexibility. Maybe it would be used to cheese online. Not sure if a player chooses to use it or not use it would constitute cheesing though. If you're ahead and kill clock, or if you're behind and try to use as little clock as possible, that sounds like football to me.
agree with everything you said