Old 06-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #63
mgovick
Rookie

mgovick's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA Locker Rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
mgovick - you said "The truth is that the above the table compensation players receive is not nearly comparable to the revenue that they generate for a school. Their status as student-athletes prohibits them from truly earning any sort of supplemental income. "

so what? is what you do at your job directly comparable to the revenue that what you do generates for your business? how much money last year did mcdonalds make and how much do they pay their employees? same for walmart. or amazon.

And as I said in my other argument, you can't equate what a football player makes vs. the revenue because to do that you'd have to do that for all sports and the other sports aren't the moneymakers, thus you'd have to do away with those sports.

Is that fair? Is that what you or anyone in their right mind would want for college sports? To pay football players and shut down all of the other non-income bearing sports in the college world? Then you have to figure out who in college football makes what, because obviously a Tim Tebow is far more important and more revenue generating than a 3rd string tackle.

Guess what you've done then? You've created the NFL. Only in college. And destroyed entire collegiate sporting system as we know it.
You are creating a scenario that supports your claim. At most bcs schools there is more than enough money to go around after the athletic dept. takes their share. There is a surplus after the revenue is allocated to all of the programs in the athletic department. Lets say Hypothetically EA had to pay players some sort of royalty for using their likeness, that would go to the players.

Its pretty apparent that you have never played a D-1 sport. I think your argument would be alot different if you had.
My point is pretty simple. The ncaa is a joke. I love college sports, but not the ncaa. Because of amateurism the ncaa can do what the nfl cant.

Actually, odogg if i made a shirt with your face on it and sold a million of them and you didnt get a cent from them, what would your reaction be?

and for everyone else, its cool to be in the game alot of kids i know get off on it. Im not against that, i just think that the players should get a lil sumtin sumtin.

Sales would drop atleast 30% if the players were random.