View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
youvalss
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Inside Drive 2000 (Don't laugh!)

Never knew about the files you're talking about, but I played A LOT of NBA ID 2000 on my PC. And there was once a site that I found that had updates for the game: rosters + cyberfaces +uniforms and stuff. The problem was that the game crashed many times because of these modifications. I just can't find the site.

And I did have an editor, now I remember! In order to trade a player you had to do it with the editor - putting him on another team, then taking another player and putting him on another team etc. I remember downloading Kenyon Martin's face and Tsakalidis and others, wanted to update the game so bad! I remember downloading the Suns new uniforms (back then) and was so excited to get all the updates.

But after working like 2 hours on all the updates - the game CRASHED! I was so mad! I tried it several times, but probably one of the actions I did always caused it to crash. Maybe it worked for you better...

By the way, do you know that in this game players can't have different accesories on different arms? For example, they must have a wrist band on both arms or none at all. That's because the arms and legs along with the body (I think) are one file, and each file is actually half of a player (one arm, half body and one leg, or something like that), so the game puts it together like a mirror and you see both halfs. I was pretty angry when I found that out because I couldn't give a player only one elbow pad etc...
I remember making low socks for some of the players that for some reason had high socks, but sometimes it crashed my game.
Tried recently to run it on Vista but couldn't. Found also a fix for Vista but it didn't work for me.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB