View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #42
mbmonk
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Backbreaker Review

I don't have a problem with the score, but the fact that the reviewer counts the community as a negative towards the game seems a bit unfair.

Quote:
Beware of playing Backbreaker online because it has already turned into a big cheese fest. While the servers are very impressive and stable, the opponents really ruin the online experience. "Cheesing" in Backbreaker is very easy to do because of the game speed. After you snap the ball online, you will be sacked early and often. However, turnovers are not as rampant online because you are playing a real person rather than the unintelligent CPU-controlled teams.
Are we reviewing the game with this article or the community? I don't know if it's fair to blame the game for what the community does. Madden community can blow balls as well. They glitch and exploit anytime they get a chance. I played the dog snot of of Madden 10 online, so I know of what I speak. "Cheesers" are in every community for an online game.

Also what people who join sim leagues? They don't have to worry about cheesers. So that negative doesn't even apply to them. Again to knock the game for what the community does is unfair. And if you are going to bring the community into the review then why not bring up the good things the community is doing to improve the game?

Quote:
Online: Great servers, but bad opponents.
Doing it again.

I think you start walking a slippery slope when you bring the community aspect into a game review.