Old 06-11-2010, 01:59 AM   #13
RaychelSnr
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryn Vintage1986
Hi guys,
I'm a journalism senior at the University of Central Oklahoma. I maintain a sports blog and I'm published in both a University newspaper and a municipal publication in Hennessey, OK. (Not tooting my horn, just letting you know that I am capable of working in the business... and also tooting my horn.)

My one question, should I go ahead and throw my hat into the ring, is 'Does proximity matter?' Not sure where Operation Sports is Located, but I think it's safe to say it's not Oklahoma.

Thanks, -Ryan
Proximity doesn't matter, although you could make the case OS Content central is in Norman. But this is a mostly online gig with some basic perks such as free games from time to time, potential free trips to see said games, and even some small monetary kickbacks from time to time. The real benefit of working with OS is that we have been a primary source of experience for some guys who have landed sweet gigs, so for someone in your position, we'd be a great experience booster before you got something really big time down the line.

How is it I feel like I'm the AD at Tulsa whenever I feed that last line?