View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Only1LT
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA 11 Demo Features To Be in Madden 11 (Hands On)

[quote=Valdarez;2041176212]The Locomotion used in NCAA 2011, and the demo (available today, so go download it!) is the same that is used in Madden. After playing the NCAA demo, I have to give the team props. The Locomotion is good. It's not perfect, but it feels FAR more realistic than what we have seen in EA games for a long, long while now. Unfortunately they disabled Replays so I couldn't get a good look at the footwork while I played.

Blocking is better, but it's still broken from what I can tell. There are a LOT of missed blocks on plays where even the play art clearly shows a player that should be blocked. I don't believe blocking is fixed at all, thought it may be improved a little (that's me trying to be positive, I couldn't tell much of a change at all to be honest).

Presentation is better with regards to the banner, pregame show, cut scenes. Their goal seems to be to always show us the field or a cut scene. The problem here is there isn't enough cut scenes to fill the space, and they don't show the field very often because the players don't look good. For example, after a TD score, my player just kind of stood there, while everyone else celebrated. The commentary seems to be the same as last year, which is bad. There is a TON of dead space. It doesn't sound like a game broadcast at all, or even a radio broadcast.

Locomotion: 8/10
Blocking: 5/10 (still broken)
Presentation: 6/10 (half way there, just get us some decent commentary/banter)

Anything else new I left out that might make it's way to Madden 11?[/quote]

Supposedly the new lighting used in NCAA is in Madden. Not progressive lighting mind you. In any event, none of the captures or vids of Madden that I have seen look like it is in, but maybe it just wasn't in at that time. I have seen Ian on multiple occasions confirm that it was in (still say supposedly though).