Old 06-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #919
Bornindamecca
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
But really now, you can't compare Sterling [one of the worst if not the worst owner] and a non-named coach to what Chicago has in decent ownership and a mastermind defensive coach who has a proven resume longer and greater than Mike Brown's.
Don't know about his resume vs. Browns just as well as I don't know about Thibs' ability to conduct an offense, though returning to being a great defensive team might be enough for Cleveland. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Z and Shaq. They're both aging, and I don't think Cleveland can win a championship without controlling the glass and having reliable size advantages.

Also interesting will be seeing what, if any, free agents sign with Cleveland while Lebron window shops.

Most importantly, Chicago doesn't have a great reputation for treating its players right in the long run. Not saying it'll keep Lebron from signing there, but I think Chicago has to do more than just get Lebron. Hinrich and Deng will have to be moved, but depending on what they get, they aren't fielding a better team than Cleveland. Sure, Rose is a stud, but Chicago's bad shooting will come back to bite them in the playoffs. Orlando becomes a very, very difficult matchup if you can't hit the 3 or guard Dwight, which I think will be a problem for Chi-town on both fronts. People keep talking about Lebron playing with Rose, but I think he needs a big man or a perimeter shooter more than a PG. Lebron basically plays PG.

Though Chicago would be an amazing team in the fastbreak.

Kind of funny to me that people are totally ruling out Jersey when they have an intriguing, rich owner, a proven coach, a great young center, an explosive scoring point guard, a temporary move to a better place and a long term move to a much, much better place, and a wide open record book. Oh and what, a third draft pick? Maaann....

Out of every lineup in the league that can sign Lebron, Jersey is the one that has a gaping hole at SF and possibly nowhere else.