View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
STLRams
MVP

OVR: 15
Madden NFL 11 Preview (Joystiq)

Joystiq has posted their Madden NFL 11 preview.

Quote:
"Offensive and defensive shifts also have a new control input: the d-pad. When doing coverage audibles and moving your defensive line around pre-snap, you initiate these last-minute changes by hitting the corresponding direction on the d-pad, streamlining the whole process. While that's all well and good, for somebody who's been playing Madden since, like, forever, it took a bit getting used to. Suffice to say, I couldn't set up my defense with the proficiency I could in previous games. It's just something new I'm going to have to get used to and hardly a deal breaker.

Regardless of which side of the line you're on, the new Game Flow system also offers a new dynamic to the game. By taking into account a player's behavior, it'll select plays based on your play style and a set of parameters you provide. EA promised that players would be able to calibrate it once the final game launches, but in my time with the game it was little more than a random play selector. After passing it several times in a row, I then went to Game Flow only to have the game select a play-action pass for me. That's not something most coaches would do, you know?

EA also promised quicker games this time around and I definitely felt that in the demo. In around ten-to-fifteen minutes, I almost sped through two quarters of play. For online enthusiasts who don't want to spend the 40 minutes it took to get through a game before, this will surely be an improvement."
Advertisements - Register to remove