View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
Steve_OS
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
More NCAA Football 11 Detailed Information (Tradition Football)

Tradition Football has just posted some more detailed information on NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
" How has the defense been improved with all of the discussion we’ve heard about the offensive side of the ball? The majority of the improvements for both offense and defense have to do with the locomotiom system and how it impacts both sides of the ball. However one change I thought was applicable was the QB contain in the strategy menu. If the other team is killing you with scrambling you can set this to aggressive and your players will work to contain the QB even if you didn’t call a spy.

Accelerated clock is once again in the game doubling as chew the clock. This is also now accessible from the strategy menu where you can go with a normal tempo or up tempo or slower tempo (chew clock). In my opinion this isn’t a true accelerated clock because it takes too much off the play clock.

According to Haumiller, traditionally up tempo offenses will be able to run up tempo without getting tired too quick, whereas a slower paced team will get tired quickly running this offense.

I did a lot of experimenting with different routes vs. Man defense and it seems to me that despite the locomotion addition, much remains the same. The defender seems to be able to react to hook and 90 degree angle routes very quickly while the receiver’s break animation slows him down in relation. Slants and posts remain the best option to beat man defense."
Advertisements - Register to remove