View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #199
cavhokie017899
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

I haven't posted a lot on these forums, but just wanted to drop in and give a thank you to Knight, Strut, Razr and everyone who's worked on these rosters so far. I originally thought I would go with Version 2 since I didn't want to use a roster with edits to SCEA players, but I have to say V3 with the pitch edits is awesome.

I haven't had to tweak my sliders at all (and I use default ones) to get results as close to realistic as I'd like. For example, I played a game with the Yankees against Boston last night and Sabathia went five innings and threw just over 100 pitches. Beckett also went five for Boston and threw just under 90 pitches. In the end, Sabathia allowed five runs and Beckett six. Beckett even walked three batters and I walked a couple with Sabathia, so I don't feel like the strike frequency was too over the top.

I've also noticed a variation in hit types with these pitch edits too. I've had more balls that, when I make solid contact or close to solid contact on them, they result in gap shots or line drives just inside the bag than what I'd experienced in the first few months of playing this game. I don't know what the direct correlation between that and these pitch edits is, but there seems to be something to it.

Anyway, thanks guys for all your hard work. It's definitely made a hell of a game even more realistic!!