View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
tcrews
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: rspencer86's 2K10 Sliders and Settings

After being completely frustrated with NBA2K10 because no matter what I tried, I could not find any slider set that made the game realistic AND challenging. If I shot 45% in a game, the CPU would shoot 31% and I'd win by 45. If I played on superstar or HOF with the sliders favoring the cpu, they would shoot 79% and I'd still end up winning or losing by a couple points because they would be so defensively inept.

I have purchased, resold, rebought, traded, and rebought the game about 5 times because it's a love/hate thing. I picked up Live a few days ago and after playing that abomination, realized I just had to make 2k10 work and just grind out some sliders and do things differently, because it is so much better than Live it's ridiculous. So I saw and tried your sliders, I decided instead of doing full games while I'm working with new slider sets, I'd just do 3 minute quarters to see if they were going to work.

My biggest thing is to always have a challenge. I grew up in Maine but work at Fox in LA and the lakers have been my favorite team for a very long time now. But I'd barely use them because if I did, no matter if it was against the T-Wolves, Thunder, Celtics, Cavs, or whoever else. Because of how good the team was, I could count on a win. I was trying to get things to a point where even if I played as the top teams, Cavs, Lakers, Celtics, Magic. And even if I went up against the worst teams in the league, Nets, Wolves, Warriors, etc. That it would be challenging and there was no such thing as a guaranteed win. I was unable to achieve that, and I've been trying since the day this game came out.

So I just tried yours, again using the 3 minute quarters instead of your recommended 12. I went up against the T-Wolves to see if they were going to be tough with these sliders, or a walk in the park...

I'm very happy to report that the game was close, competitive, and very realistic. With your sliders the game feels slower and more lifelike. The shooting percentages for both teams were very realistic (I shot 48%, Wolves shot 45%). I ended up winning 45-37. But it was close throughout, they won the 1st and 4th quarters, which that, in and of itself, is nothing shy of a miracle. And I'm not saying I'm great at this game by any means. But I only play offline and my "record" is 179-3. Not fun at all. I just want to lose, you know?

Your sliders seem to be a huge step in the right direction for me and your sliders alone made me very happy I went back out and picked this up today, for literally, the 5th time. I tried to download the rosters you mentioned, just so other people know, I had a hard time finding him too, but his name is not ffacc03, it's ffaacc03. However, the 2k servers were messed up or something so I couldn't download any rosters. But once that's back up and running, I will download it and start reporting on here with full game stats so that you can have a sounding post and do whatever tweaking you may feel is necessary.

The game felt really good, fast breaks just seemed so much more realistic. My favorite thing about this past game I played with your sliders is that I was able to swing the ball without the CPU closing in at rapid, absurd speed like they always do. Open shots happen ALLLLLLLL the time in the NBA. That's the whole point of ball movement. I played college basketball so I'm probably a bit more demanding when it comes to the more in depth parts of the game. But it would appear as though it was a slider problem all along. The CPU always had great ball movement and would find the mismatch and my guys would close out as fast as they could, but usually give up an open shot, which is incredibly realistic. My problem was that the CPU could close out at superhuman speed and you could never get the same types of open shots that they did.

With your sliders I was able to get over a dozen "wide open" looks. Before your sliders, I'd get less than one per game. So I'm very appreciative for your sliders and hope that they continue to work this well over the long haul. I have been searching high and low for a slider set like this. Thank you so much, you may have just saved the game for me.

If there's anything that I can do, stats, help, feedback, whatever. Just let me know. It's the least I can do for this great slider set.