View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #19
st0rmb11
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Who Will Be The Best POINT GUARD In The Next 5-10 Years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Im so not impressed with Wall as an NBA point guard. I dont think he has the vision needed to be a true point. IMO for him to be sucessful I see him as a 1.5 guard like Iverson or Arenas.

Next five years is CP3 if he remains healthy. I really like Rose aswell.
That's my logic on Wall (much like Monta Ellis). He's (to me) an undersized 2-guard. He flourished in Kentucky's system and was great at leading the break (because he could basically leave everyone in the dust). But, he won't have that same success in the NBA; not at first, at least. He's going to have to develop his half court point guard game and his shot.

But, I could be wrong. I watched a lot of Steph Curry during his senior year at Davidson, and didn't think he could be an NBA point guard. I thought he would be basically an undersized 2. But, he definitely proved me wrong in Golden State this past year. He could run the break in Golden State's hurry up system, but when they got slowed down into the half court game, he showed that he was a very impressive director of the offense and was great at setting up his teammates.