View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #21
Jukeman
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Who Will Be The Best POINT GUARD In The Next 5-10 Years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I think Rondo embodies everything you want from a PG sans shooting/FT shooting. He brings a lot of intangibles, has a great floor presence, highly athletic, great hands, good passer, good on-ball defender and can defend in space. If he develops a consistent jumper he'd be that much more deadly.

I think George Hill is another intriguing candidate. He was absolutely electric in that Dallas series. Tailed off though in the PHX one. I love his scoring ability, but don't know how good of a creator he can be. His defense is above-avg, but nothing to write home about. But hey...he's still developing...the offense is there though. Hard to believe he's only a rookie.

Rose/Evans. I think these two are the leading candidates here though. Question about Evans though is he a 1 or a 2? I think he's more of a 2 w/ very good PG skills. I think both need to work on the long-range jumper, but both will probably be the class of the league for years to come.

Russ Westbrook is my sleeper. He came in looking like a 2 guard, but has really improved his PG skills since being given that role exclusively. I think he's got a very high cieling and can become something great. He doesn't have the fatal flaw of Rondo's FT shooting woes, and although he still needs to improve his jumper as well... he's a better offensive guard than Rondo IMO and very good defender/passer.

I also dont see Evans playing PG in the near future...

I have to mention my broski Jrue Holiday and my other broski Kyle Lowry...

Last edited by Jukeman; 06-26-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove