View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Lynx34
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What r your thoughts???

I agree with you in that there's a problem. I'm not sure I agree with your solution. Yeah it happens, but first of all it's not that often, only two teams have been punished with major sanctions this decade: Alabama and USC. I can't remember what the punishment was for the Rhett Bomar thing at Oklahoma, but there wasn't really a drop-off other then the talent shift at the QB position seeing as they were back to competing for national titles in the next year.

Anyway, the main reason, in my view, for a team dropping off is a huge drop-off of veteran players with lots of playing experience. National champion teams tend to have a lot of senior talent. They usually need at least another year before they're back to that level again.

Here's what needs to happen. There needs to be a significant difference in how players with playing time progress with those that don't get playing time. The game should keep track of how many snaps each player plays in and the higher the number the more likely they are to progress faster. I think this would help quite a bit. That way, there should be some drop-off after a title campaign. Or at least there would be more likely to be a drop-off.