View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #31
ParisB
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Who Will Be The Best POINT GUARD In The Next 5-10 Years?

The league has shifted to focus on the point guard position and they have been taking advantage (and putting up the numbers to back it up), but i don't think we REALLY have 20 all-star point guard studs like it seems we do.

I still think D-Will, CP3, and Nash are far and above the best point guards in the NBA, even if some guys are close statistically.

Rondo is horrendous in a half court set. If he's not fast breaking and playing park style, he's ineffective. It's amazing how people consider him an elite point guard when he's completely useless in half court offense. You don't even need to guard him, lol. He gets boards because it's hard to box him out when you're not defending him..besides, Boston isn't a good rebounding team anyway so he's able to snatch them.

Put it this way, if Dwill was on Boston, the Lakers would be in trouble and would have to focus a lot of their D on him. If you imagine them in different scenarios, I think you have to take into consideration their weaknesses. Rondo would be completely ineffective if he was on the Lakers triangle offense. Can't spot up, can't make free throws. Rose wouldn't have the green light every single possession either and doesn't have the IQ of a dwill or nash.

Last edited by ParisB; 06-29-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove