Old 07-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #20
jmik58
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Recruiting Busts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Yes, he was a True Freshman and rated 89, yet every WR in the game could beat him easily. His tackling sucked, despite being high for a CB. If memory serves his tackle ability was in the low 70's... his speed was high... like 94... his awareness was 85 or 86... every possible number was high... a real 5 star recruit... but on the field he just sucked.

After six games I couldn't take it anymore so I benched him and started a guy who was rated 68... and he played way better than the guy rated 89. He was still on the team his Sophomore year but I recruited several CB's and had some Juniors and Seniors so the 89 rated Freshman was 7th string.

His rating went up to 92 his Sophomore year but he didn't take the field once. Then he transferred to Iowa State. I was glad he chose to leave. LOL

As far as what caused him to play poorly? I just figured EA had it set so some guys are just busts. I liked that it was like that, but hated having that guy on the field.
Very cool observations. It would be neat if EA had stats to show how poorly he played, but that would require them to show success percentages like how often he was thrown at and how often a catch was made, etc.

Did he have a bad zone or man coverage rating ? I'm so intrigued by this.