View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
Gotmadskillzson
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Dual Stick Running Controls Explained

Just in case this gets lost in the Q&A thread......

Ladies & gentlemen I have finally figured out the dual stick controls !

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...ogId=DualStick

Watch the tutorial videos on there, it breaks down EXACTLY how to do it. Why oh why they didn't have this in the manual is beyond me.

But essentially, you have to completely forget how you used the right stick last year. This year the right stick highly sensitive. You flick it and that is what you will get, a LITTLE move.

The key this year is to get use to HOLDING the right stick. Think of the right stick as a balance beam. Hold it in any direction and your player will lean in that direction that you are holding the right stick in.

Beware though, hold it in that direction too long and you will stumble & fall to the ground in that direction as well. How long you can lean without falling over all depends on the player's agility rating. But no matter what the rating after 10 yards and you still leaning you going to fall over.

Also keep in mind this year the right stick just isn't 4 directions. It is 8 directions this year. Hold up left and the player will twist his body and dip the right shoulder down. Hold up right and he will do the opposite shoulder. Just up and you will dip forward.

The beauty to this all is that you can do it all on the fly, even combo dips and put some spin moves in with it or jukes with it. No longer do you have to wait for one animation to play out, you can change whenever you want in mid animation.

So if you have a bruiser RB or FB, you can just dip one particular shoulder directly into a smaller DB and keep it moving. If your an agile back, you can dip and then spin off the dip making the slower LB's look stupid.

Anyway I hope this helps those who were like me who wondered what is the dual controls. Because I swear the instruction manual doesn't explain it at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove