View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #19
mgoblue678
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: CPU triple option teams not being effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
You guys are missing the point of "why" it's difficult to run the option. It has more to do with the defense.

It's impossible to run the option better. You can run the option to perfection, but the offense allows men to go unblocked. Those unblocked men are ALWAYS in position and never miss an assignment in NCAA 11.

There needs to be more variance in how successful the defensive players are in getting to the correct man and then in how well they execute if they get there.
I disagree somewhat, in the games I have played against Georgia Tech and Navy I have seen a good number of times where the CPU makes the incorrect read or doesn't pitch it to the back when they should. Now I realize to make it somewhat realistic they shouldn't always make the correct read or pitch, but the number of times I have seen it happen is a little too much.

I watched a ton of replays in the last game against Georgia Tech, and the CPU missed a good number of reads or potential pitch opportunities that could have gone for good yardage but instead resulted in losses or minimal gains.

I agree the defense reacts to well to the option even with the Run Defense sliders lowered, I just disagree the CPU is executing it as well as they could.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 07-14-2010 at 09:44 PM.