View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
JMBOO
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Sports games are going in the wrong direction and our missing some of the most

I see what you are saying for some games, but, for others, I think they are going in the right direction.

Basically, if you look at games such as NHL, FIFA, and NCAA, the devs have listened to what people want and have tried to give them that immersive feeling whilst also having control over your players. All of these games also do have that camera angle included in them to put you down on field level and more into the action.

As far as sounds, one thing that I always do is turn the commentary way down, the crowd up to max, and leave the other sounds about where they are. To me, this allows you to hear the actual sounds of the game much better while still having that just able to barely hear it commentary (kind of gives it a sports movie like feel).

Honestly though, I really do think that most devs realize that you have to give people great gameplay first and foremost before you can give them the extra's.

I mean, 11 is going to be a nice year for sports games I really think. NCAA 11 is the best game of Football I have played in at least six years. NHL 11 is starting to incorporate real physics into an already great game (a very exciting development). FIFA 11 is looking like it will once again be a top flight title.

The game that has me most intrigued, however, is NBA 11. The devs have shown great strides in their game over the last 2 seasons, and, I really think that this years version could be a return to championship level. We'll see when the demo comes out though.

Anyway, that is just what I think, so , take it for what it is worth.

Last edited by JMBOO; 07-15-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Because I can
Advertisements - Register to remove