View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #12
khaliib
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Pass Coverage (My Theory)

One thing I've found out is that before you tweak sliders, you "MUST" decide what slider set will be used for. Meaning will you be playing mostly use vs user/quick games or user vs cpu in dynasty mode. I've found that slider tweaks done in quick games and practice mode do not carry over well into dynasty play. For some reason gameplay/player's do not react in the same manner you see in quick play/practice mode's (maybe it's greater variance in teams with spread out player ratings vs just 2 selected teams).

If you are a Offline Dynasty person:
Part of the problem is deciding what two teams to use for adjusting sliders.
Do you use two power teams, two weak teams, a combination of both, or middle of the pack teams vs the affor mentioned.

Are you using the default roster's, or an edited roster download or your own edited roster's?

All impact the affect slider selections will have.
This is the kicker and why there is such a variance in what slider's are the right one for what looks "Realistic" to you.

Another issue in dynasty is that edited roster's that are not inline with how the in-game generator creates player's, will be based on edited ratings that will no longer apply after 4 yrs, creating gameplay differences not wanted.

Example:
Slider's are tweaked using default roster to improve pass coverage w/less def. mirror. Default roster consist of player's with high SPD/AGL/ACC ratings. Slider's are tweaked with these player's to get desired gameplay. After 4 yrs, in-game utilizes the spread out ratings to generate player's (1 stars in 40'ish OVR, 4-5 stars in 70'ish OVR) that don't fit the slider set you've created for highly attribute type player's that are no longer in the game.

So as you edit your slider's to improve pass coverage;
1st, decide what mode you want the slider's to affect (Quick Play/User vs User or Offline Dynasty vs CPU)
2nd, make sure your roster's fit the mode you want to play

SSL of a post, just wanted to share what I found out.
Wondering if I should just use two middle of the pack teams and go with it so I can start to actually play the game.