View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
Playmakers
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Slider definitions? Slider GURU's?

I'm no guru but i have a little knowledge as to what the sliders do on Next Gen.....

The old Knockdown slider is actually tied into the INT slider now....that slider gets the DB's to react to the ball and knock it down

Pass Coverage is where the CPU hands ratings are tied into....in fact all ratings such as Press Coverage, Man Coverage, Zone Coverage and Play Recognition are associated with this slider

Pass Block self explanatory
Run Block self explanatory

QBA isn't like Madden where there are like 6-8 ratings tied into it....it basically effects your accuarcy on passes short, medium and long

That is slider IMO really doesn't effect throwing power any more.

Pass Rush basically allows the defenders to use their Finesse Move/Power Move ratings along with Block Shed for pass rush.....for example when you look at a replay and you see some DE's doing swim/spin moves off a blocker that is them utilizing their Finesse move ratings....if you see a massive DT take push a Offensive Lineman backwards he's utilizing his Power Move rating to beat the defender.

Run Defense is more like an awareness slider for defenders to react to the run and get off blocks quicker. There are 3 ratings tied into this slider Pursuit, Awareness and Block Shedding

Tackling is self explanatory but the biggest difference this year compaired to previous years is they some how tied a lot of the animations into that slider...

Some people will hate lowering it and i can understand why because it really forces your defenders to gang tackle more or you could get killed on the ground......but i love the way the CPU can pull off some moves with the Tackle slider reduced down.

I know you sent me a PM a few days ago....sorry for the late reply i was really busy working on sliders as you can see.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14