View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
RDTII
Rookie

OVR: 4
RDTII's Sim Sliders for HUM vs HUM and HUM vs CPU

UPDATE: I now feel comfortable with saying that I have a solid V 1.0 and have added CPU sliders.

After a week straight of working on AA sliders in practice mode and playing with them against friends (35-40 games) I think I finally have a realistic set.

First let me explain my intention in creating this slider set:

I believe that EA has college defense completely backwards. They think a good pass defense comes from great coverage rather than a good pass rush. That paradigm has caused them to over compensate in a few different areas...they had to nerf the pass rush and boost pass blocking, they had to boost WR catching to make up for them being blanketed, and they had to make every QB throw like Peyton Manning so they can rocket it downfield/fit it into tight spots.

I feel to accurately represent the college passing game we need the play results to be more organic.

For example, running a quick or deep out against loose man coverage. With the default sliders on AA you can expect the ball to get picked 60%+ of the time, batted down 30%+ of the time, and maybe 5-10% completed. With my sliders you can expect one of a few outcomes...

1. The play works perfectly, you get enough protection to throw the route, the corner doesn't magically warp in front of the route, you place the ball where it needs to go and the WR makes the grab.

2. All of #1 except the receiver drops the ball whether from stone hands or the corner recovering soon enough to jar it loose.

3. There's enough protection to prevent the sack, but not enough to set your feet a throw it on time. Overthrow/underthrow/pick.

4. The protection breaks down and you get sacked.

Obviously there are other scenarios, but I'm describing what I saw over the course of running that play 5 or 6 times in a row. This is just an example of one type of route that makes the game feel much more organic and less scripted.

The run game probably doesn't need to be explained too much other than, I tried to make it very balanced and make it so you break a realistic amount of tackles in a realistic way. There are some drives where it seems like the other team can't stop the run and then some where you can't run it at all in the same game. Yet another result that makes the game feel more organic.

These sliders were created for a set of sim style rules:

No user catch or user pick, don't control players and create unrealistic blitzes that exploit the AI and don't use run commit.

With these sliders you will experience:
Mistakes on BOTH sides of the ball (coverage errors, dropped passes, errant throws). You will have to work hard for your yards and you probably won't score on every possession (these sliders are best enjoyed when playing longer games - 7-10 Min Quarters). You will see corners get beat more often by better receivers when you ask them to do too much, you will see jump balls that go either way, and you will see receivers drop balls when they hear footsteps.

You will see a difference between the great passers, the not so great passers, and the dual threats. You will feel the difference between a power back, a balanced back, and a speed back. Your impact players on both side of the line will make more of an impact in a realistic way.

Now for the actual sliders:
Skill: All-American
Game Speed: Slow
Player Min Speed Threshold: 30

HUM/CPU
QB Accuracy: 15*/60
Pass Blocking: 35/45
WR Catching: 45/75
RB Ability: 45/35
Run Blocking: 35/35
Pass Coverage: 30/30
Pass Rush: 100/80
Interceptions: 45/45
Rush Defense: 15/35
Tackling: 25/40
FG Power: 25**/45
FG Accuracy: 15/55
Punt Power: 55/55
Punt Accuracy: 25/25
Kickoff Power: 40/55

* QB Accuracy is probably the one many will want to adjust depending on their skill level. I feel 15 gives realistic results, but it can be difficult and takes getting used to. You can try 20-25 if it's too difficult to move the ball, but please try 15 for a few games first!

** With this level you will want to aim straight down when kicking for the extra distance. At 25 power, kickers with strong legs (90+ KPW) can hit 54-55 yarders with no wind and aimed down. This will make you feel like making a long field goal is a small victory!

I'm open to feedback and will probably make edits as I continue to test. Hope you guys enjoy!

Last edited by RDTII; 07-21-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Version 1.0 - CPU Sliders added
Advertisements - Register to remove