View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
themick074
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: For those who play Sim Heisman: Initial Judgment/Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysfinest58
I totally agree with you that Heisman difficulty is the best playing level in years, with a few tweaks it could totally take the game over the top as the best playing football game. That being said, it's funny that you mention the difficulty your having running the ball opposed to the success you're having passing, because i'm experiencing the opposite lol... The run game to me, has almost been TOO easy, I ran for 220 yards with Bradford of USC against Oregon State with a long of like 57 yards, I also ran for 120+ with Clay of Wisconsin on Ohio States defense... All in all, I've easily surpassed 110+ yards with my RB no matter the team it seems. Some tips are: Never snap the ball right away once under center- always mix in a 1 or 2 count before snapping the ball, read your blocks and be patient- with the auto sprint, it allows you to focus on the play development, don't be afraid to quick audible to a run out of the formation you're in- if you come out in pass and the defense is in man coverage, with not many in the box, run the rock, and always flip the run and use motion when you see a weakness or strength on the defensive side of the ball.
I like the advice and it is encouraging to see others have success...I'm definitely going to play a few more exhibition like their dynasty games (more seriously): Setup audibles/Read the defense/Read blocking assignments.....hopefully I can make some things happen on the ground....good call.

And I agree, I'll probably start the dynasty off on default heisman...see how everyone does, and I'm sure we'll slightly tweak it down the road to make sure its realistic/challenging.

*Passing wise...had a great game with Garcia against Ole Miss: 16-21 240 yards 3 tds 0 pics....on 5 min quarters....I threw like 3 pics against Vandy tho...so Idk, passing is where it needs to be, I"m liking it thus far.
Advertisements - Register to remove