Old 07-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
boooey
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What is Consecutive Tackling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
But people do take what he says as gospel. They do. He has 'fans' that cling to every word he says and they'll argue you up and down to prove his point.

As far as lying, maybe it's more of a personal issue, but I've witnessed him tell lies. Or rather, I've seen him fabricate the truth to elevate himself and his own rep. When community day went down last year, he was one of the vocal ones in saying why all of us collectively shouldn't have been invited. He then inferred that we were all down there kissing tails and not trying to improve the game. Now honestly, I'm not really concerned about Apex nor do I wake up every day with this on my mind. But you said that he doesn't tell lies and I just wanted to present a caveat to that...

Yes, you have to name the issues something. We just have different thoughts on that apparently. When I see people running with his coin-phrases, I most times think of the person as an Apex-follower. Doesn't mean I'm right nor justified in my thinking. But it's my thinking...shallow as it may seem. Here's a scenario of what I'm referring to:

1. Apex drops a video blog detailing a perceived issue with the game and names it "Horse Catching" (fake example). "EA, stop the HORSE CATCHING! Truth Chasers...I'm out".

2. Random OSer sees the video and within minutes creates this thread: "EA ENOUGH OF THE HORSE CATCHING". Inside the thread, it says "Fix this crap! Watch the video!"

That to me, is when the gamer appears to be a follower and taking Apex's words as the gospel truth. We can agree to disagree though .
this has nothing to do with Apex, really.
Why are you letting your obvious hatred for Apex cloud your judgment about an obvious and serious flaw in this game?

I know you are one of the more "respected" members here when it comes to Madden, but come on bro..

Players bouncing of of an invisible force field when a runner is already engaged by a defender is undeniable, and its a HUGE problem with this game.

I really don't care what Apex calls it.. the fact is that its there in the game and it needs to be fixed.. this is not about Apex..