View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
skow05
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Most anticipated/feared game on your schedule...

Playing as Michigan, most anticipated/feared games:

1.) Ohio State - Always a deciding factor on whether we have a "successful" season or not. We've lost 6 in a row to the Buckeyes, so stopping that streak is going to be a handful! Hopefully I can play them tough, but I feel like I'm going to be blown out considering the way I played Indiana on the road.

2.) Notre Dame - This has always been my second favorite rivalry game. Their offense is going to be a challenge to stop this year, should be a shoot-out and an overall entertaining game to play. Plus Te'o Manti patrolling the middle of the field should present a challenge for us. (lost this game 28-21 in overtime)

3.) Michigan State - Evenly matched, Spartans have the advantage, especially since the game is in East Lansing. Need to buck the two year win drought against MSU to keep my approval rating high, since I am anticipating losses to 2 other rivals. (Ohio St, ND) This game should be a blast to play as I always get amped up to play our in-state rivals.

4.) Penn State - Very tough team, should breeze by us without a hiccup. Playing in Happy Valley presents them with a huge advantage, but in the end it will be their talent on the field that will be too much for us. If I could steal a W here it would be HUGE.

We also have Iowa and Wisconsin, both at home, which should be very tough games to win.

I'm hoping to go 4-4 in conference, 7-5 overall:
Connecticut W (17-6)
@ ND L (28-21)
UMass W (45-7)
Bowling Green W (26-7)
@ Indiana W (31-21) stole this one with some late defensive heroicsMSU W (projected)
Iowa L (projected)
@ Penn State L (projected)
Illinois W (projected)
@ Purdue W (projected)
Wisconsin L (projected)
Ohio State L (projected)

Goals are to get a bowl bid, beat both MSU and Ohio State.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow