View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: EA is taking a huge risk with Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw76
Let me start by saying that I thought Madden 10 was an excellent game and I still play it all the time today. It has been a long time since that has happened with a Madden game. However I think Madden 11 is more of a Madden 10.2.

The Players ratings are almost the same as the last roster update. There was an article posted on IGN I believe with the biggest movers in ratings and out of the whole league after the top 4 or 5 players the biggest mover was 4 points or so.

This has been somewhat touted as the year of Gameplay, but I really don't see a whole lot of Gameplay changes that make me think this game will blow Madden 10 away. The changes in Gameplay arguably border on pathetic for an entire year of work.

However, the current development team got alot of good faith with me from their work on Madden 10. I think EA has come out and said that next year will be the year of the franchise mode and they had to rebuild the game from the ground up and all this and that to keep the hardcore community from losing their minds. I will for sure buy Madden 11, because a polished version of Madden 10 will get played for an entire year by me.

However the point of this thread is that, all this good will that was built up from madden 10 will be gone, if Madden 12 comes out and the focus on franchise is as much of a joke as the gameplay improvements were this year.

Bascially my expectations are for this to be as deep as the game head coach was. If it is just some tiny alterations then I will be pretty pissed off, and i'm not sure if i would buy the game. Most importantly if there was an option to go to a competitor for a similar experience (when the NFL liscense runs out for EA), i would for sure go to the competitor based on the joke that is 2 years of work to improve from madden 10.

I was wondering where the community stands with their thoughts on this risk.

Does the current development team get a pass in your eyes, because of how they turned this franchise around last year?

Do you believe Madden 11 is a bit of a joke, because they have had to work so hard to rebuild the game from the ground up for madden 12?

Do you have the same "head coach like" expectations that i have for Madden 12 and franchise mode? or do you expect it to be a similar jump in improvement that gameplay is getting from madden 10 to madden 11?

**note: This is a side question that i was hoping someone could answer. Last year it was said that online franchise was great because it was run through the servers and could be quickly updated. at that time it was suggested that salary cap and what not would be added to online franchise. If it was so easy to update it, then why did an entire year and an entire new game come (madden 11) and online franchise still doesnt have anything that it would need to be a legitamate feature?
EA better hope they don't lose the license. That's all I will say about that.

As far as your other questions, I posted a similar thread. IMHO, Madden 10 was not a very good game. It was a BETTER game than any of the other Maddens on next gen. I think, like myself, many folks are tired of saying "it's better." They want to be blown away. In my thread, I asked if folks thought that the dev team was satisfied with the minimal improvements to gameplay and next year will ONLY be a franchise mode update. I believe that's what is going to happen. So we will go another year with pro-tak being untouched, adaptive AI untouched, challenge system untouched, poor animations (jump tackle and QB movement) untouched, proper ball physics untouched... etc. etc.

The commentary in this year's game is an absolute embarassment. Dan and Peter from 2k5 blow this away still. How bad is that? Why can't we get banter? Why is the speech so disjointed. It's the continuous lack of polish that Madden has. It's like it was written by a bunch of college interns. It has a decent foundation, but everything is incomplete and unpolished.