View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
redsfan4life
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Throwing the deep ball....

It's realistic. It takes time to load up for a 40+ yard pass. I have seen times where Pryor (when I've used him) doesn't have to load up and just flicks the ball 55 yards down the field. I threw a perfect bomb down the left sideline on a wheel route to Brandon Saine without having to load up for a deep throw. So if the QB has high throw power I don't think you'll see the animation as much. The deep ball is not a high percentage play in real life and it isn't in this game, however I've seen it work plenty of times using Ohio State. Of course I have DeVier Posey, who's gone up and made some circus catches for me under CPU control no less. First time I've seen that in an NCAA game in years. This game is the best NCAA that I can ever remember, the running style finally looks silky smooth, defense is balancing the offense..I've had a number of shutouts on heisman so the CPU players aren't superhuman even on heisman...maybe I've just found a good slider set who knows. I am a bit worried about the incoming recruit ratings but I'll have to play further into my dynasty to see how that affects things. If nothing else I'll just create 10-15 stud recruits myself (around 80 ovr) to help balance things.