View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #23
Pogo27
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Not complaining but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
How many people here played NCAA basketball with the CBS as well as ESPN presentations? Two different commentator teams, two different overlays, it was beautiful. The presentation in that game was amazing, if only they could translate that to football. With all the different ESPN networks they could easily have 4 different broadcasts. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and ABC. Each with games broadcast every week in dynasty based on the level of the teams playing and gametimes. You would have the big matchups on ESPN and ABC, with ESPN2 right behind. Then some of the mid major games and smaller school games could be done with an ESPNU format. I know this is all just wishful thinking, but a man can dream right?
I like this idea. I kind of wish the dynasty was better about proper TV exposure, even if the in-game broadcast where the same.

For example, if you play a game on any day of the week, you should almost certainly get a NATIONAL broadcast. Now...there should be different levels of national broadcasts. Obviously the game of the week is the most watched, and this should most impact your TV ratings. And the National broadcast games on Saturday should be the most watched.

But, for instance...in my current online Dynasty, I played a game at Penn State on Sunday at like 6pm. So a) it's after the NFL games (but before NFL Sunday Night Football, and b) it's the only college football game on Sunday. Yes, it's Syracuse at Penn State, so obviously not the most glorious match-up, but still, the only football on tv at that time. I'm sorry, but it'd be a national broadcast, even if it were just on ESPN2. I shouldn't get the same TV exposure boost from it as if I were to play like the noon Saturday national exposure game, but still should be better than regional broadcast.

Also, the following week, I played Toledo on Friday night. I was the only game on Friday night. This again, should have been national exposure, but again, probably only on ESPNU or something week. But being the only college football on TV at that time slot on that day, I should have got a better boost than just regional broadcast.