View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
Pogo27
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Too Easy Or Just A Good Team? How To Determine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spread4
did they make Alabama too good in this years game? yes their offenise is legit this coming up season returning 8 starters along with the heisman winner and julio jones. but their defense loses 8 starters from last years team and their D rating is 99? at least from the rosters i got from here (psn:buckeye02). Their DBs never drop a INT. I think EA went a little too far with this team. No team is perfect
I feel like, on offense, McElroy is overrated.

Or really, maybe my biggest problem with Alabama's offense being a 99 is the fact that Arkansas' offense is only a 96.

Florida led the conference in yards per game, but they're losing Tim Tebow.
Auburn was second in the conference in yards per game.
Arkansas was third in the conference in yards per game--and they're returning 8 or 9 of 11 starters. One of the graduating senior starters from last season was Michael Smith who shared carries with 4 other running backs, and there was little depth. Numerous, numerous, numerous sources have listed Arkansas as having the best running back depth this season. The only other positions where Arkansas will have new starters is on the offensive line, where they're expected to improve.

Best QB in college football is returning for his redshirt junior year. Greg Childs, Joe Adams, Jarius Wright are all back after having amazing sophomore seasons, and Kobi Hamilton is back after a great freshmen season.

In addition to being 3rd in conference in yards per game (just 4 ypg behind Auburn), Arkansas also led the conference in points per game.

And I don't care what anyone says, Greg Childs is massively underrated. This is a guy who carried a Georgia safety 20 yards into the endzone, and they give him a strength rating in the 50s. I'm not saying Greg Childs needed to be a 97 up there with AJ Green and Julio Jones, but I think at 95 or 96 would have been appropriate. Greg Childs will probably be in the same NFL draft as those two guys, and I think there's a good chance he gets picked real close to them. If he's not the first WR selected after those two are gone, then he was picked before they were both picked.