Thread: Comeback code??
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
jdefreitas
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Comeback code??

Momentum plays a HUGE factor this year. Once a team scores and the game turns it can get ugly.

Case/point. I just played Clemson in my BC dynasty (week 9) on AA. I was petrified to play this game after VT stomped me at home 0 - 39. I went in and kept pace down 17 - 7 at the half.

I had a big late game drive with under 3 minutes left to make it 14 - 17. Next series they go three and out and I get the ball with slightly under 2 minutes left. Deep ball over the middle taken for 6 on blown coverage (zone) 21 - 17 me.

Next series, first play their QB throws a pick 6, following series... same corner same outcome and before you know it I'm up 35 - 17.

Next series they fumble on the first run (Herzlich hit stick) and I take it for 6. I win 42 - 17 with three defensive scores late in the game with less than two minutes to go.

I couldn't in my wildest of dreams predicted that but you can bet I was jumping up and down on my couch going crazy that I just took 1st place in the ACC (my side) with 4 weeks to go lol. Oh yea... Clemson was 7 - 0 before that game. Made it that much more satisfying haha.

Last edited by jdefreitas; 07-20-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove